Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DIY: Pimple Treatment Face Mask


My skin is usually clear but every month there comes a time when I breakout so much, and would get dry patches on my cheeks. I've tried several pimple creams but either they are not effective or can be too harsh on my skin. I've tried tea tree oil and sad to say it is just not as effective and can be costly as well. I've done some "research" (googling actually) and stumbled upon this easy and very affordable face clearing mask. It is a mixture of honey and aspirin and I apply it on my face every 2 weeks with or without pimples. It cleared my face off of blemishes, and rarely I would get pimples during my time of the month. It also leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized. 


WHAT YOU NEED:
Uncoated Aspirin (I use Bayer)
Honey (Make sure they are unflavored)





Why are honey and aspirin good for the skin? 
Aspirin's main component is salicylic acid which may be a common term to many of us since we see it in some pimple creams and other skin care products. Salicylic acid is known for battling acne, however it may cause the skin to dry. (This is why it is best to use it with honey)
Honey has natural antioxidant and anti microbial properties. The antioxidants help fight the free radicals that causes premature skin aging. It also nourishes the skin leaving it moisturized.  Its anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties help fight the impurities that causes pimples. 

BEST FOR: All skin types

HOW TO:

Step 1
Use 3 - 4 tablets of aspirin and a few drops of water to let the aspirin dissolve and become powder-like. Add a few more drops and stir to make it like a very thick paste.
I used 4 100 mg tablets






Step 2
Mix 1 tablespoon of honey into the paste-like aspirin 



Step 3
Apply the mixture on your (clean and washed) face and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse after.


CAUTION:
Not to be used on a daily basis. USE EVERY 2 WEEKS ONLY.
DO NOT use if you are allergic to aspirin and other pain relievers.
DO NOT use if you are pregnant.



No comments:

Post a Comment