Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review: Huawei E5331 Mobile Wifi



One thing I simply can't live without - the internet! You too I assume? hehe. Well unlucky for us who live in the the Philippines, internet is very slow when you have to be on the go! I'm a globe postpaid subscriber and I just usually use my data plan, but it sucks! It's almost like dial up! And my phone gets super hot when I use it as a hotspot. Booo!

Here's the good thing though! :D One of the many things my boyfriend gave me recently, is a mobile wifi. Particularly, the Huawei E5331. 

Photo taken from huaweidevice.com



Now I am not going to discuss so much technical terms, since I wouldn't know those. :D

What I like:
  • Lightweight
  • Can be used for long hours provided it's connected to a USB port
  • Allows me to have up to 6 connected devices
  • Plug and play - A BIG PLUS FOR ME (Just insert your SIM card, and you're set!)
  • It has an option if you want it automatically connected, or to toggle it manually (if you're running on prepaid subscription)



What I don't like:
  • Battery life is only up to 4 hours. (However, it goes up to 5 to 6 hours when only my phone is connected)
  • It gets pretty hot when used for long, but it's perfectly fine too. It didn't affect performance.



Here's the sad part…. :'( Although I'm loving my mobile wifi, networks here suck. But if I have to choose out of Globe, Sun, and Smart, I'd say Smart is the best option. It is actually very fast, I wouldn't know how fast exactly, but youtube pages load continuously. I am also able to download movies in a few hours or so, and I can Skype very clearly and not get disconnected from time to time! Of course it's not as fast as internet at home, but not bad for a mobile internet right? So, choose SMART! It works fine wherever you go! Do not fall for Sun's cheap rates, and globe's overcompensated ads. I am not paid by Smart in any way, and this was only written from my experience. 

Let me know if there are better networks though okay? ;) That's all for now :D



5 comments:

  1. prepaid po ba yan diba? so nagreregister po kau sa mga unisurf etc ng smart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes prepaid, and i subscribed to smart's unlisurf 200 (good for a week)... I may have mentioned I'm a globe postpaid subscriber, but that was for my mobile phone. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, where can i buy the huawei mobile wifi? :)

    ReplyDelete